On April 16-19, there is a 4-day Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Program Consultant (SPC) Certification course in Washington, DC. Taught by Colin O’Neill and Alex Yakyma, the course consists of: Leading SAFe, Implementing SAFe, and an optional SPC certification exam.
The course provides the knowledge to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging SAFe and its underlying principles of lean thinking and product development flow. You will understand how the principles and practices of the framework support Agile Teams, Agile Programs, Agile Program Portfolio Management and Agile Architecture.
- Apply lean, agile & product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market & quality
- Apply SAFe based on lecture, real-world examples & expert insights
- Gain insight into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers & begin applying them in your context
- Implement continuous program improvement
- Introduce the organization to the principles of program portfolio management & agile architecture
- Grow the leadership skills necessary to support the transformation
WHEN: Tuesday, April 16 to Friday, April, 19 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
LOCATION: Donovan House, a KIMPTON Hotel, 1155 14th Street NW, Washington, DC 20005, (202) 737-1200
** SAVE $100 & register to win an iPad mini using code: BMC100_ONLY_SPC_DC_APR13_1
** Presented by Scaled Agile Academy, Blue Mercury Consulting & Genesis Consulting
Do you want to be an Agile genius? Learn from some experts – CollabNet. CollabNet has more Certified Scrum trainers onstaff than anyone, so you know you’ll be on the path to success. This summer is the perfect time to learn how to use Scrum and Agile and be a leader for your team!
Their Certified training courses (CSM, CSPO, ACP) are perfect for your entire group– ScrumMasters, Product Owners, project managers, developers, testers, and architects will all benefit from the practical, hands-on exercises and small group discussions. You will leave with a thorough understanding of Agile and a clear plan to put it to work to optimize your team’s performance!
For a full listing of courses, go here. This is a great opportunity to get your Scrum certificate and agile training, so don’t miss out! This offer is good through June 15, Click here or visit http://visit.collab.net/swcq212-33off.html to register and take advantage of this offer.
Here are just a few course coming up…
This 4-day course, offered by Dean Leffingwell and the Scaled Agile Academy, is intended for consultants and Agile professionals who want to deploy the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as part of an enterprise-wide Agile transformation. For information on the SAFe certification program, see Scaled Agile Framework Certification Program.
Attendees must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in software development (15-20 preferred), at least five of which have been spent in Agile development environments (XP, Scrum, DSDM, Lean, Kanban, OpenUP) in a management, team lead, or project manager role. Relevant certifications such as Scrum Alliance, Certified Agile Professional, Scrum.org, Lean and DSDM are strongly desired.
Class Size Limit: 25 (Minimum 15)
This certification course, held in Boulder, CO, USA, provides the foundation for adopting the Scaled Agile Framework within an enterprise, portfolio, or program. Delivered by the world’s most experienced Scaled Agile practitioners, including Dean Leffingwell, creator of the Scaled Agile Framework, this course will teach you how to effectively plan and run an Agile Release Train and successfully prepare an organization for an Agile transformation.
- Day 1 (all day): Opening Remarks, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Foundations
- Day 2 (all day): SAFe Foundations (cont.), Scrum + for Enterprise Teams
- Day 2 (evening): Class Dinner (our treat!)
- Day 3 (all day): Agile Release Train (ART)
- Day 4 (morning): Certification Exam, Curriculum Development Feedback session
- Day 4 (afternoon): Open Space (attendance is optional)
$2995.00 per attendee.
Early Bird Registration – By 07-01-2012 $2695.00 per attendee
PMI has provied a a list of publications that may be helpful when preparing for the PMI-ACP exam. A few of the books are:
What are LeanGiving Workshops?
LeanGiving Workshops are for individuals looking to give back to their communities and charities as well as people under adverse conditions (unemployment).
- 2-Day Certified ScrumMaster Workshop
- 1-Day Agile Product Management and Product Ownership
- 1-Day Retrospective Games and Lean Improvement Processes
- 1-Day Agile and Scrum Fundamentals
- Individual Life Coaching
Charity Certified ScrumMaster training – $700. 2/10 & 11 in Anaheim. Proceeds go to help orphanages, teachers, students in Uganda & Mexico. Each paid seat sponsors a $70 free seat for unemployed.
June 23, 2011 (9 – 10 am PDT)
It is here. Applications for the PMI Agile Certification pilot started in May and full-blown testing will begin in September 2011. PMI estimates that more than 5,000 people have asked them for more information on the pilot program. ASPE-SDLC, with our leadership position in both Agile and Project Management training, fell uniquely qualified in providing this primer session to help you prepare yourself to obtain this certification.
• Application Requirements
• Exam content overview
• Domains and tasks for Agile Certification
• Training options
• Where this certification fits with the Scrum Alliance certifications
• Q & A
PMI reports organizations and PMO’s are asking their PMs to apply Agile techniques (68% are using Agile practices).
Why PMI Agile Certification (PAC)?
PMI believes their Agile Certification will validate a practitioner’s ability to understand and apply Agile principles and practices on basic projects using both experience and testing techniques. The PAC will demonstrate practitioners can select Agile principles and practices as a project management approach based on the needs and demands of a specific project.